Sunday 1 July 2012

Drip Painting & Gold Cake


I’ve always thought of myself as a milder, (hopefully less annoying) Monica Bing, née Gellar. I take pleasure in cleaning (it is very therapeutic!), enjoy reading and baking. Baking is my hobby. And although I wish I had more time to bake, I look forward to baking treats. I look forward to trying new recipes; whether it’s making yummy mouth watering lemon sponge cake (personal favourite) or a nutty tart.

This is a cake I made for a girlie get-together.

I wanted a playful/ abstract element to the bottom tier of the cake; using Pollock as muse, I settled on this yellow/ green-brown drip painting.
The design concept for the top tier was taken from a feminine white and gold dress I fell in love with, finished with finest gold painted stud ‘buttons’. Top tier- Pink-coloured Vanilla sponge; bottom tier- Lemon flavour sponge.

This cake is my money, baby,







No comments:

Post a Comment