Thursday 1 March 2012

Race Car Cake

After baking christmas, birthday cakes etc (as gifts) for friends and family, through word of mouth I got my first commissioned cake; to make a cake for a 2 year old boy, I did have a few weeks to prepare ideas. I orignally thought of making a cake with a blue ribbon at the base and a large rainbow going across the top of the cake, but I was later informed he loves cars! So I created this race car set for him. (unfortunately the picture quality isn't great)


The cake was much bigger than the family expected, with a total serving of 50-55. I did get carried away I guess.
It was a pleasure to hear that the family loved the whole cake & design so much so that they couldn't cut into it. But of course they did and loved it :)
That was a great feeling!

I received some (much better quality) pictures from the 2-year old's mum. Thought I'd share a few;


No comments:

Post a Comment